About the Metrology Society of Australasia
The MSA is an association of professional metrologists, engineers, scientists, technicians and measurement experts throughout Australia and New Zealand, who measure, evaluate, calibrate, maintain, educate and train, design, sell, invent and develop measurement technologies and the Science and Art of Metrology. The Society hold a biennial conference, and holds talks, evenings and social events to promote the professional development of its members and to promote the practice and interests of good measurement practice.
People from all fields of measurement in Australia and overseas have joined the MSA since its inception in 1993. Due to an active participation from New Zealand, the society changed name from the Metrology Society of Australia to the Metrology Society of Australasia in 2014. Our membership includes scientists, engineers and technicians working in industrial calibration and testing laboratories, government laboratories and organisations, universities and colleges.
The society supports its members through an internationally recognized conference every two years. We have active state groups that allow members to get together on a regular basis, to discuss current issues in metrology and to expose the members to new technologies and methodologies. It also produces a technical Journal, newsletters and is affiliated with relevant bodies both internationally and domestically. The society also represents the interests of its members in policy fora and actively promotes training of Metrologist, including being a key developer of a graduate course in metrology.
This diversity allows members to meet and interact with a wide range of people, including electrical metrologists working in the power industry, dimensional metrologists running one person laboratories, research scientists of international standing, mechanical metrologists from the automotive industry, chemical metrologists working in the pharmaceutical industry, medical scientists, testing officers working in quality control laboratories and flow measurement experts from the petroleum industry.
- To promote the value of metrology within government, business and the general community.
- To bring together people with a common interest or involvement in metrology.
- To provide a forum for the exchange of knowledge and experience.
- To raise the professional status of metrologists and provide formal recognition for qualifications and expertise.
- To engage in and promote the advancement of knowledge in metrology. Our most intensive way to achieve these aims is to hold a major conference biennially and to publish our journal, “The Australasian Metrologist” biannually.
- Additionally, a range of interesting events are organised by state committees to bring members together on a more regular basis.
The MSA Constitution:
Isn't it time you joined the Metrology Society of Australasia?
Join us now and receive not only the many benefits of the Society but also share in and contribute to the exciting and significant role that the Metrology Society of Australasia is playing in modern measurement and technology. Click here for details.