Join us now and receive not only the many benefits of the Society but also share in and contribute to the exciting and significant role that the Metrology Society of Australasia is playing in modern measurement and technology.
There are five types of membership in the MSA.
- Student Members are full time students under the age of 25 that have an interest in metrology but do not currently satisfy the requirements for a higher grade of membership. Membership is free. You will need an institutional email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) as confirmation of your student status.
- Associate Members have an interest and involvement in metrology but do not currently satisfy the requirements for a higher grade of membership. The annual subscription is $45.
- Members must satisfy requirements regarding appropriate experience in metrology and formal educational qualifications. Extensive practical experience may be deemed as equivalent to formal qualifications. The annual subscription is $45.
- Fellows have either held a position of considerable responsibility for metrology activities or made a significant contribution to metrology. The annual subscription is $45. Download an Application for Elevation to Fellow
- Honorary Fellows are elected by the membership in recognition of their conspicuous service to metrology or the Metrology Society of Australasia.
How to join the MSA
Please click below to lodge your online application for membership of the MSA.
Why you should join the MSA
Members of the Metrology Society of Australasia receive the following services and benefits.
- Participation in a rapidly growing and dynamic professional organisation.
- Access to a richly diverse and powerful technical network.
- "The Australasian Metrologist", a quarterly journal devoted to technical and non-technical issues in metrology.
- Contact with other professional societies and organizations in Australasia and internationally.
- Regular lectures, conferences, seminars, workshops and site visits.
- Assistance in furthering your career goals.
- Formal recognition of your qualifications and experience in metrology.
Download the electronic application form below.
To obtain more information or have an application form mailed to you, please contact:
Metrology Society of Australasia
C/- National Measurement Institute
PO Box 264
Lindfield NSW 2070
Phone: +61 2 8467 3674 (email preferred at first instance)